Hartford, CT 06106 US
- Perform thorough inspections of large aerospace components at various stages of production to identify defects, deviations, and non-conformities.
- Utilize precision measuring instruments and advanced metrology equipment to conduct accurate measurements and assessments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering and production, to address quality issues and implement corrective actions.
- Interpret technical drawings, specifications, and industry standards to ensure product conformity.
- Document inspection results, generate quality reports, and maintain accurate records of inspection activities.
- Participate in internal and external audits, assisting in the resolution of audit findings and implementation of process improvements.
- Provide guidance and support to production personnel on quality standards and best practices.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of quality control processes and procedures.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Quality Control Inspector in the aerospace industry working with large components.
- Proficiency in interpreting engineering drawings, technical specifications, and industry standards (i.e. AS9100, ISO 9001).
- Strong knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes, materials, and components.
- Familiarity with precision measurement tools, such as micrometers, calipers, and CMM equipment.
- Detail-oriented mindset with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork abilities.
- Quality-related certifications (i.e. ASO Certified Quality Inspector) preferred but not required.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced production environment and work under tight deadlines.