Public service department in Middletown has a direct hire opening for a part time bookkeeper to assist their small office with accounting and administrative tasks. 3 days per week with some flexibility on days and hours. $20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
This is a unique bookkeeper opening will give you the opportunity to use your accounting experience, administrative and customer service skills. You will be handling general bookkeeping / accounting / payroll responsibilities, providing admin support, and assisting customers on the phone and in the office.
Must have experience with the following bookkeeping tasks:
- Preparing the monthly payroll and applicable tax reporting (some training can be provided)
- Preparing quarterly & yearly tax reports
- Processing accounts payable
- Preparing monthly reports including disbursements, income vs. expenditures
- Reconciling bank statements & investment accounts
- Recording receipts
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing general administrative support
- Answering and directing phones
- Assisting customers with payments and questions
- Preparing correspondence (letters, emails, etc.)
- Data Entry
Apply today to be consider for this bookkeeper job opening!
A.R. Mazzotta Employment Specialists is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employment agency providing job opportunities throughout Connecticut.