Vice President, Community Impact
Watertown, CT 06495
Fantastic career opportunity for a human services professional looking to substantially impact the greater Waterbury community. The United Way of Greater Waterbury is looking for a Vice President, Community Impact to oversee the community impact agenda, identify and participate in critical initiatives and collaborations and manage key initiatives. This position provides a solid foundation of vision, leadership, administrative and volunteer/staff development experience to a complex set of community and organizational relationships and opportunities. $75k - $90k + benefits package.
As part of the Senior Management Team, the Vice President, Community Impact must have strong communication, analytical, technical and leadership skills as well as expertise in problem solving, planning, and organizing.
The Vice President will apply leadership-level expertise and abilities to the following responsibilities:
- Development and management of United Way investment “ products” impact models, initiatives, partnerships and systems.
- Community, Donor, Foundation and Agency/Partner engagement and relations.
- Grant Funding Development.
- Quality control and assurance systems for fund distribution, evaluation and results reporting.
The United Way of Greater Waterbury is looking for an individual who wants to effect substantive community level change and be a resource for community-based agencies and local communities. There is significant interaction with the Board of Directors as well as being the primary staff resource to the Community Impact Cabinet.
In addition to the above, must haves include:
- A degree in social work, public policy, public health and/or nonprofit management or related field and 10 years of progressive leadership-level related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success with designing and delivering results on high-profile, macro-community initiatives or programs.
- Solid experience developing and managing funding proposals/sponsorships; grant-making; program evaluation and community research.
- Strong understanding of the social, economic and political landscape of the greater Waterbury community.
- Documented capacity to develop and play a leadership role in strategic partnerships and working relationships with a broad range of diverse opinion leaders/change-makers across the community, including philanthropic, business and government sectors.
- Advanced leadership and communication abilities with which to lead organizational development and success in a highly dynamic setting responsive to a complex and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse interests and communities; energetic and engaging personality, enjoy working with people in different settings; donor and community focused.
A.R. Mazzotta Employment Specialists is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employment agency providing job opportunities throughout CT.